The pupil premium is an allocation of funding provided to schools to support children who may be vulnerable to underachievement. The amount received is dependent on the number of children who are known to be eligible for free school meals. All schools are required to report on the amount of funding and how this is being used.
-We organise teaching and learning at Brinsworth Howarth Primary in order to meet the needs of all children in the best way.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for children who belong to vulnerable groups and that socially disadvantaged children have their needs adequately assessed and met.
- We recognise that not all children who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and we also recognise that not all children that are disadvantaged have free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any child the school has identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- We will allocate Pupil Premium funding after a needs analysis to identify priority groups and individuals.
Limited funding and resources mean that not all children receiving free school meals will receive pupil premium interventions at any one time.
- Providing places at a breakfast club in order to ensure the best possible start to the school day.
- Providing targeted one-to-one tuition focusing on literacy and numeracy.
- Enabling all children to access enrichment opportunities
Please find attached Pupil Premium Grant Literature
|Pupil Premium Grant 2016-17||[docx 24KB]|
|Pupil Premium Grant 2017-18 #||[docx 26KB]|
|Pupil Premium Grant 2018-19||[docx 26KB]|