Class 2 is full of enthusiastic readers
In class 2 we are committed to enabling every pupil to develop into fluent, confident readers in order to be ready for the next stage in learning. Reading feeds pupils’ imaginations and opens up a treasure house of wonder and joy for curious young minds.
Within the classroom you will notice a wonderful reading corner, which includes seating, comfy cushions and a tent! The children have ample opportunity to pick a book, either from the book shelf or from Mr Scotton's special reading chest, and read in comfort. The pupils enjoy reading for pleasure and sharing their thoughts about what they have read.
Support your child with reading at home
There are lots of things that you can do to support your child with reading at home. These include:
- Listening to your child read their school reading book and talk to them about it.
- Come and speak to Mr Scotton and Mrs Wall about your child's reading and what they need to do next. They will always be availbe for you.
- Help your child decode words that they are unfamiliar with.
- Read to your child, ideally a higher level text.
- Talk to your child about new words and phrases
- Make reading comfortable and part of family life. Remember, everyone in the family can read.
Try these websites for extra top tips:
Juia Donaldson's top tips for reading
Phonics Play is great for supporting your child's phonic development